Gregory Powell, M.D., MBA
Dr. Powell is a board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physician, or Physiatrist, who specializes in neck and back pain, and non-operative spine treatment including spinal injections and minimally invasive spinal procedures.
Dr. Powell is a graduate of the Medical College of Wisconsin, who completed his internship at the University of Pittsburgh, and his residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and carries Subspecialty Certifications in Sports Medicine and in Pain Medicine. Dr. Powell has also been an instructor and course director for spinal injection courses sponsored by the North American Spine Society and other organizations.
Dr. Powell is a crossfitter, runner, cyclist, and triathlete who is active in the triathlon and cycling communities in Collin County. He has completed an Ironman triathlon, several half-ironman’s, and numerous local events including the White Rock Marathon. He understands the unique needs of the endurance athlete and provides creative and supportive solutions for a variety of spine sports medicine conditions.
- Sports Medicine
- Medical Degree – Medical College of Wisconsin, Wauwatosa, WI
- Internship – University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- Residency Program – University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Recognized among D Magazine’s Best Doctors in Collin County, 2018-2019
- Recognized among D Magazine’s Best Doctors in Dallas, 2016-2019